Preventative Maintenance in Middletown, CT
Automobile neglect accounts for 5 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities, according to recent studies. Following simple and inexpensive preventive checks can greatly extend the life of your vehicle, benefit the environment, and ensure it is safe to operate.
Maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer, so be sure to consult your owner’s manual for individual service schedules. The staff at Personal Auto Care Service Center will also work with you to determine if and when your car needs preventive maintenance services or auto repair.
Here are some standard preventive maintenance tips:
- Change your oil filter regularly—around every 3,000 to 4,000 miles. Consult your owner’s manual for more specific details related to your specific make and model.
- Regularly check your fluids (brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, antifreeze/coolant, and windshield washer). These fluids play a large role in the performance and safety of your vehicle.
- Keep your tires properly inflated. Under-inflated tires can decrease your fuel efficiency. Checking your tire pressure once a month is an easy way to save at the pump, and is the least expensive form of safety maintenance and preventive care.
- Make sure your engine is tuned. A restricted fuel injector or fouled spark plug can reduce your fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
To extend the life of moving components of the vehicle’s suspension system, have the chassis lubricated frequently.
- Check your battery posts and cables for corrosion and clean them as needed. Be sure to check battery fluid and fill it if it’s low, unless you have a maintenance-free battery.
- Check your lighting system frequently to make sure the turn signals, brakes, headlights, and taillights are working properly.
- Inspect windshield wipers for tears, cracks, and make sure it is making proper contact with the windshield. You should replace windshield wipers at least once a year or sooner if streaking begins.
- Look for cracks and missing sections in engine belts. By inspecting engine belts regularly, you can maintain engine performance.
- To ensure your vehicle is performing at peak condition, have the air filtration system checked every other oil change for clogging to damage.
Dedicated To Keeping You on the Road Longer
Personal Auto Care Service Center has provided auto repair services in Middletown, CT since 1983. We are dedicated to excellence in customer service, and are proud to be part of the TECH-NET Professional auto service network. Our work as a TECH-NET Center is part of a promise to customers to provide them with great customer service, exceptional replacement parts, and reliable car and truck repair.
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday
7:30 am to 5:00 pm
8:00 am to 1:00 PM
Emission Testing Hours
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
8:00 am – 1:00 pm